BY ACCESSING OR USING THE HLA360° SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE A REGISTERED USER OF THE SITE.
- The information provided on this site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to laws or regulations or which would subject to HLA and/or its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
- Neither the information, nor any opinion contained in this Site constitutes a solicitation or an offer by HLA to buy or sell any products, services, securities, futures, options, other financial instruments, provide any investment or financial advice or an invitation to enter into any legally binding contract or arrangement. The products and services described in this Site are available only to residents of Malaysia. Your eligibility for any particular products or services is subject to the final determination and acceptance by HLA.
- By using the HLA360° Site, you understand that any information you submit to the HLA360° Site may be intercepted or read by third parties even where there is notification that the transmission is encrypted and you will not hold HLA liable in the event of any such incident.
“Affiliates” means any corporation, company, partnership, joint venture and/or firm which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a member of the Hong Leong Group. For the purpose of this definition,
“control” means the power, directly or indirectly, to appoint a majority of the directors or trustees of the other member, or to otherwise direct or cause the direction of the management, policies or power of the other member, whether through the ownership of voting shares, by appointment of directors, by contract or otherwise.
“Content” includes but is not limited to text, photographs, trademarks, music, artwork, computer code, visual interfaces, graphics, user interfaces, logos and music, including but not limited to the design, selection, expression, “look and feel”, structure and arrangement of the Content on the HLA360° Site.
- Access and Use of Website
- Upon successful registration and each time you log on thereafter, your access to this Site will be activated upon the correct input of your member ID and password, and through a Transaction Authorisation Code (TAC) which will be transmitted via the short messaging system (SMS) service to your mobile number registered with HLA.
- For security purposes, HLA may, at its absolute discretion, require you to key in a TAC to perform selected transactions or to use certain services available under this Site. You may perform the transactions and/or use the services available under this website only if such member ID, password and TAC is and remains valid. HLA may at any time in its absolute discretion invalidate the member ID, password and TAC without assigning any reason thereof and without prior notice and HLA shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by or caused to you or arising out of or connected or by reason of such invalidation.
- You are liable for all instructions and transactions carried out through the use of your member ID and password to access your account whether or not authorized by you.
- HLA will not be liable to you when we act on such instructions in good faith. If we act on such instructions, we will not verify the origin or authenticity of such instructions. Once we receive such instructions, they will be treated as irrevocable and binding on you whether or not there is any error or forgery or fraud concerning such instructions.
- HLA may and shall not be obliged to cancel any instructions given under your member ID and password without accepting any liability if HLA knows or have reason to believe that a criminal act, a fraudulent act, offence or breach of any regulation or legislation will be or has been committed.
- HLA may refuse or stop carrying out any or all instructions or reverse any actions carried out arising from your instructions if HLA is of the opinion that such instructions are unlawful, not properly authorised by you or for any other reason whatsoever.
- HLA has the right to require confirmation in writing of any transaction from you. You agree that in all the situations stated above, we will not be liable for any resulting damages and losses.
- Any instruction given by you for your account will be carried out in the normal course of business.
- HLA does not warrant that any instruction received will be carried out within a particular time period or in any particular order.
b. disregard the security measures which you must or ought reasonably to take; and/or
c. fail to take precautions when using the internet to access your account.
- Important Do’s and Don’ts
- Please do not share your Member ID or password or TAC with any other person.
- Please change your password or inform us immediately if you know or have reason to suspect that your password has been compromised or used by another person without your consent or authorisation.
- Please do not display your account information in an area that is visible to others.
- Please do not leave your PC or other device by which you access this website unattended.
- Please ensure to clear the cache memory after use to clear private information stored within your PC or other device.
- HLA will never ask you for your Member ID and Password through email. Please report back to HLA should you receive such an email.
- It is your responsibility to keep your Internet Browser up to date with the latest security updates.
- Please ensure to update HLA of any changes to your mobile telephone number in order to ensure that the TAC will be transmitted correctly.
- The materials and information in this Site, including but not limited to services, products, information, data, text, graphics, audio, video, links or other items, are provided by HLA on an "as is" and "as available" basis. References to materials and information contained in the HLA360° Site include such materials and information provided by third parties.
- HLA does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements including but not limited to any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, usefulness, operation, accuracy, satisfactory quality, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose in respect of the website, the materials, information and/or functions therein and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in such materials, information and/or functions.
- Without derogation of the above and/or the terms and conditions of the applicable agreements governing all the Products and services of HLA, reasonable measures will be taken by HLA to ensure the accuracy and validity of all information relating to transactions and products of HLA. Further HLA does not warrant or represent that access to the whole or part(s) of this Site, the materials, information and/or functions contained therein will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that there will be no delays, failures, errors or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. However, defects identified (if any) will be promptly addressed to ensure materials, information and/or functions contained therein are accurate.
- You shall be responsible to evaluate the quality, adequacy, completeness and usefulness of all services, content, advice, opinions and other information obtained or accessible through the HLA360° Site. You should seek your own independent professional advice at all times and obtain independent verification of the materials and information provided herein prior to making any investment, business or commercial decision based on any such materials or information.
- The information that appear on this Site are subject to change from time to time and at any time without prior notice. HLA is under no obligation to update the information on this Site to reflect changes in the circumstances which information would then differ from previously the published information. Your continued access and/or use of this Site subsequent to any such change shall be deemed as your acceptance to those changes.
- Use Of Links
- Links from or to websites outside this Site are meant for convenience only. Such linked websites are owned and operated by third parties and as such are not under the control of HLA. Therefore, HLA shall not be responsible and makes no warranties in respect of the contents of those websites, the third parties named therein or their products and services.
- Links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only and we are not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any downloaded software is governed by the terms of the licence agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with the software.
- Applicable Policies
- Copyright Policy
- Prohibited or Restricted Activities and Products Policy
- Copyright Policy
Please take note that unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in this Site and its Contents, including but not limited to the text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and/or their arrangement, are the property of HLA, and are protected by applicable Malaysian and international copyright laws. No part or parts of this Site may be modified, copied, distributed, retransmitted, broadcasted, displayed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold or commercially dealt with in any manner without the express prior written consent from HLA. You also may not, without the express prior written consent from HLA, insert a link to this Site on any other website, frame or "mirror" any material contained on this Site on any other server. Any such unauthorized reproduction, retransmission or other copying or modification of any of the Contents of HLA360° Site may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of any legal action. HLA hereby disclaims all liability which may arise from any unauthorized reproduction or use of the Contents of this HLA360° Site. If you download any information or software from this Site, you agree that you will not copy it or remove or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any such information save for the provision in the paragraph captioned “Restricted Use for Agents and Potential Agents” below.
- Prohibited or Restricted Activities and Products Policy
You shall not engage in any or all activities that are restricted or prohibited by federal, state or local law in any country or jurisdiction. This section provides a non-exhaustive list of prohibited and restricted activities and products that must be observed strictly by you. HLA may at its sole and exclusive discretion impose additional restrictions and prohibitions, and revise this section from time to time. It is your responsibility to check this section from time to time. You must not inter alia:
- involve the sale of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent;
- violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of tobacco products, health, medicinal or prescription drugs and devices;
- engage in transactions relating to the infringement or violation of any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction;
- engage in activities that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in an illegal activity;
- engage in activities that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime;
- offer or engage in activities that offer financial services including money transfers, issuing bank guarantees and letters of loans, credit, fundraising or funding for investment purposes; and
- list, market, advertise, promote, negotiate, complete sales and purchase, and otherwise deal with any product prohibited or restricted in this policy.
- No granting of rights
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Trademarks displayed in this Site are the property of the Hong Leong Group and/or their respective third party proprietors as identified in the Site. Unless the prior written consent of HLA or the relevant third party proprietor of any of the trademarks, service marks or logos appearing on the Site has been obtained, no license or right is granted to any party accessing this website to use, download, reproduce, copy or modify such trademarks, services marks or logos. Similarly, unless the prior written consent of Hong Leong Assurance Berhad or the relevant proprietor has been obtained, no such trade mark, service mark or logo may be used as a link or to mark any link to the HLA’s Site or any other site.
- Liabilities and Indemnities
- Limitation of Liability
In no event will HLA, our Affiliates, and our officers, directors, agents, joint ventures or employees mentioned at the HLA360° Site be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, aggravated, exemplary or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including without limitation, those resulting from loss of profits, damages, data or interruption arising or resulting from any of the following:
- the use, the results of use or inability to use the HLA360° Site, or any websites linked to the HLA360° Site, or the information or materials contained at any or all such websites, howsoever arising including negligence, whether based on warranty, tort, contract or any other legal theory or whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages;
- violation of third party rights under the relevant and applicable laws, claims or demands that the listing, offer, advertising, promotion, display, purchase, sale and/or use of the Products offered or displayed on the HLA360° Site may violate or may be asserted to violate third party rights or claims by any party that they are entitled to defence or indemnification in relation to assertion of rights, demands or claims by third party rights claimants;
- statements, acts or conduct by any user of the HLA360° Site;
- unauthorised access by third parties to data or private information of any user; or
- any matters relating to the HLA360° Site, Products and related services (including calculation of taxes and issuance of tax invoices) however arising including negligence
- Messages sent at user’s risk
Messages sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception or loss or possible alteration. We are not responsible for them and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to HLA or any message sent by HLA to you over the Internet.
- Breach and Infringement
- Breach by User
- HLA has reasonable grounds to suspect that you have used a stolen credit card or utilised a cloned credit card or other false or misleading information in any transaction with a counter party;
- HLA has reasonable grounds to suspect that any information provided by you is not complete, outdated, untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- HLA has reasonable grounds to believe that your act or omission may cause financial loss or legal liability to HLA360° Site or our Affiliates, other users or third parties; or
HLA reserves the right to take appropriate action where necessary and without notice at any time including but not limited to remove all or any information, content or material from the HLA360° Site, to disallow the use of the HLA360° Site in connection with the information, content or material that is claimed to be infringing, to modify or change the HLA360° Site or any portion of the HLA360° Site, and any terms or policies, to modify, suspend or terminate the operation or access to the HLA360° Site.
- HLA reserves the right to terminate and/or suspend your access to this Site and/or your use of this Site at any time, for any reason. In particular, and without limitation, HLA may terminate and/or suspend your access should you violate any of these terms and conditions, or violate the rights of HLA, of any other user, or of any third party.
- You agree that HLA shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination on your access to the HLA360° Site.
- The failure of HLA, if any, to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any part of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to the applicable law, then the invalid and unenforceable provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- Laws & Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. By accessing this website and/or using the services provided herein by HLA, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts in Malaysia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website. HLA makes no representation that the materials, information, functions and/or services provided on this website are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than Malaysia.
- Notice and Feedback
- Any feedback you provide at this HLA360° Site is non-confidential.
- All legal notices or demands to HLA shall be made in writing and sent to HLA personally, by courier or certified mail to Level 3, Tower B, PJ City Development, No. 15A, Jalan 219, Seksyen 51A, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. The notices shall be effective when they are received and acknowledged receipt by HLA in any of the above manner.
- All legal notices or demands to you shall be effective if either delivered personally, by courier, certified mail, by facsimile or email to the last known correspondence, fax or email address provided by you to HLA. Notice to you shall be deemed to be served upon and received by you if and when HLA is able to demonstrate that communication whether in physical or electronic form has been sent to you.
- All agreements, notices and other communications that HLA sends to you electronically satisfies the legal requirement for communication to be in writing.